In my life, I’ve had MANY Disney days. Let’s not try and count them, but today I got to to do THREE new things I’ve ever done (and may never get to do again). The first was to see the premiere of one of the parades. Ok, well we didn’t have the best seats in the house since we were running from a meal, but it was great to see the first Disneyland Christmas parade. Something unique to Disneyland is the holiday parade runs throughout all of the holiday season during the day. At Disney World, you only see the holiday parade during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party and during the weeks of Christmas and New Years. It’s a very cute parade and all of the well known characters are represented.
The second thing I’ve never done before is been on a ride that broke down while I was on it and cast members had to walk us off the ride. Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters broke down right in the middle and it wasn’t a quick fix. Cast members had to manually open are omnimover car and we walked out of the ride with all of the lights on. Truly a unique experience and something that was incredibly cool for me. For our “trouble” (seriously? trouble? best day ever!!) we received an FastPass to return to the attraction when it reopened.
The third is the most unique of the bunch. I got to be a part of the soft opening of Hyperspace Mountain – the Seasons of the Force update to Space Mountain. It was just for a few hours and thankfully we received a useful tip to get us in the door. It was truly an amazing experience and the ride itself was awesome. Great update. It’s going to be incredibly popular. Every car that was coming back in was clapping (including the 3 of us that rode together).
More tomorrow (with photo updates)!!
Well Star Wars fans, the excitement you have all been waiting for – Disney released additional details about the updates to Star Wars experiences. There is some bad news and some good news.
The bad news is what I have been fearing for the last several weeks – the cancellation of Star Wars weekends. This HUGELY popular weekends in May and June are no longer. It sounds like forever, but I can’t quite tell. I’m sure the Star Wars/Disney community is in a bit of an uproar as news starts to trickle out. I do have some clients that are quite disappointed with the news! Their marketing team is spinning it that the updates to the HUGE Star Wars land breaking ground in 2016 will allow to be immersed in the Star Wars experience every day instead of just a few times each year!
The good news? LOTS OF IT! A few highlights:
- New experiences will open as early as December 1, 2015 which is a bit ahead of their original timetable
- Star Wars launch bay will open which is behind the scenes at the new Star Wars film as well as meet and greet opportunities. Right now, the announced meets will be with Darth Vader and Chewbacca. If this is on your must do list, arrive early as they will be hugely popular!
- There will be an update to the Star Tours attraction which will give you an experience similar to the new film. More from Disney Parks Blog
- Jedi Training is getting a revamp at the expense of my poor October and November guests! This experience will open in early December and it sounds like a huge upgrade in terms of location and experience. They added a villain from the Disney XD series as well to keep it interesting for even the young Star Wars fan!
- Ground-breaking for the new monstrous update to Star Wars land will happen in early 2016. I’d expect the full project to take 2-3 years if not even more (thinking about the start to finish experience of New Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom. As projects were completed, Disney did open pieces at a time, and I’m hoping this will be the case for this new area of Hollywood Studios!
For full updates on all things new Star Wars, check out Disney Parks Blog! I’m excited for the future of the park. It’s going to become a hugely popular park likely doubling the number of attractions currently available (not including live shows of course).
Interested in experiencing just some of the Star Wars excitement in Disney World? Ready to get started planning your 2016 Disney World vacation? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!