Want to learn more about your favorite Disney park or how they make the MAGIC? I thought that I would help with five of the best tours at Disney World and let you know if they are even worth it in the end….personally, I love to soak up all that I can in and about Disney that is possible.
- Keys to the Kingdom at Magic Kingdom is offered daily and is a four & a half hour to five hour tour which celebrates the true Disney Magic and what better place to learn of the Pixie Dust! You get to learn about Magic Kingdom’s history, backstage secrets, hear and see Walt’s visions and dreams as well as his incredible accomplishments. You will even get an inside look at how the Magic Kingdom operates by touring downstairs underneath and also where they store the parade floats. I love this one because lunch is included in this tour and it is usually at the Columbia Harbor House.
- The Floridian Express at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (yes, at the resort!) is now offering this one-hour resort tour that focuses on the charm of Southern Florida during the turn of the century and those who inspired the Grand Floridian. This tour also includes a behind-the-scenes look at Victoria & Albert’s restaurant (which is on my Bucket List). The age for this is 10 and up but it a great one if you love the Grand like I do!
- DiveQuest at the Living Seas (Epcot) you can dive with 203 feet of clear sea water and swim with over 4,000 Caribbean animals consisting from giant sea turtles, stingrays, and sharks (which are my favorite!) to all the tropical fish you could dream of! Of course you must be a certified scuba diver to live this ultimate diving dream and at least 10 years old. Your family members and friends can view your dive and you can purchase a DVD of your dive as well for a keepsake. I have had clients do this and loved it!
- Behind the Seeds at the Land (Epcot) is a shorter tour (just an hour) so the cost is less as well but this is a really nice one since it takes up minimal time away from the parks and in the AC if it is hot out. In this walking tour you see the LAND labs, fish farms and greenhouses plus over 60 different crops from around the world, along with some of the latest techniques used to help grow and improve plants in almost any kind of climate. My grandfather LOVED this one!
- Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom is a three-hour, expert-led wildlife experience that I am simple WILD for! Here you will get to explore the most remote back areas of the Harambe Wildlife Reserve. You will tromp through vine and fern forests on a bushwalk, cross a rope bridge over the Safi River (with an attached safety harness on you) and cliff hang at the edge of the hippos home-so fun!! All this plus at the end, you will rest in a private “safari camp” that is elevated above the savanna for animal viewing, and lastly some of the African tastes/snacks. Although this tour takes a good chuck out of your park time it is well worth it for the adventure!
Just note that your park admission is not included in the tour prices and most fill up fast so let us know when you want to get a little closer to the MAGIC and we will be glad to set everything up for you!
So if you are ready to dive into your next Disney adventure, feel free to contact us for a free quote today!! The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!) If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, please ask for more details!