You do not have to ask me twice – the answer will always be YES. We just got back from staying at the Polynesian Resort and we LOVED it! I have such a great childhood memories from there when I was 7 years old and now my own children have them. It makes me smile (and maybe a tear or two)!
Here are just a few points of why I believe that these resorts are worth every penny:
- Each resort is an experience not just a”hotel”. When I walk onto the Polynesian property I feel like I am transported to Hawaii with the lush tropical plants and running waterfalls, decor and then hearing “Aloha!” from everyone that passes you. Plus these resorts (Polynesian, Contemporary, and Grand Floridian) have a much more quiet and laid back feel for relaxation. I love watching Magic Kingdom’s firework’s from the beach (or hotel if you request a lagoon view).
- Rest and Relaxation: if you are ever able, take a Disney vacation with down days. I always try to fit one in for my clients because it can be very exhausting and it is supposed to be a vacation. We took two night this last week and just ate at the resort and played in the pools/hot tub. If you know my family, we close down the parks every night (it’s our favorite time) so this was a change for us but it was wonderful!
- Dining: all Disney resorts have great quick service but the Deluxe resorts will have a couple of great sit down dining meals available as well. Ohana’s, 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey’s are the top three for the Monorail resorts.
- Transportation: I guess this should really be first point since it is the biggest draw due to all the back and forth to parks to room for nap time (if you have little ones), these resorts offer the smooth transportation between park and resort which is important! I always recommend them to families with small children or with not-so mobile grandparents as well. The buses and boats are also there for easy transportation. I know we closed the park down one night past 1:30am and the Monorail was not working so we had to take the boat but it was a nice change of scenery and it got us there just as fast.
- Resort Hopping: this is one of my favorite things to do especially during Christmas time with all the incredible decorations around each resort! This past week we ate dinner at the Grand Floridian one night and then sat in the lobby for a bit to enjoy the ambiance and live band. And if I am not at the Polynesian (usually I am not) then I will make a Monorail stop there for some Dole Whip and to enjoy the breeze on the beach.
These are just a few reasons why I feel that the Monorail resorts are worth the money. And if I had to choose one of the three then I would have to say my family’s favorite Monorail resort is the Contemporary. We love the fact that Magic Kingdom is right across the street from the resort and only a short 5 minute walk! Last, the Water Pageant that comes around to each of these three resorts nightly is a joy for me. The music alone brings such great childhood memories (sniff sniff). If you are ready to plan your magical memories at one of these fantastic resorts or at any of the incredible Disney resorts then contact me so we can start planning!! Please feel free to contact me anytime for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)