Disney released their official park hours for the month of October to travel agents today and upon reviewing the details, it seems like we can make a good guess on the dates for Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween parties! Are you excited for this special ticketed event in Magic Kingdom? I am! It’s the best of the available special events and gives you so much more fun than the already action packed days!
Making some educated guesses based on the days the park closes at 7 pm, here are my thoughts for Halloween Party dates. Please do not take these as absolute while we all impatiently await Disney’s announcement:
- Sun, Oct 2
- Tues, Oct 4
- Thurs, Oct 6
- Fri, oct 7
- Mon, Oct 10
- Tues Oct 11
- Thurs, Oct 13
- Fri, Oct 14
- Sun, Oct 16
- Tues, Oct 18
- Thurs, Oct 20
- Fri, Oct 21
- Sun, Oct 23
- Tues, Oct 25
- Thurs, Oct 27
- Fri Oct 28
- Sun, Oct 30
- Mon, Oct 31
Whew that is A LOT of Halloween parties! As we know from last year’s parties, the week of Halloween, especially Halloween night sells out most quickly. With 3-4 parties per week, it makes full Magic Kingdom days fairly busy so park hoppers are helpful to spend a morning in Magic Kingdom for a party night and then head to a different park later in the day!
I’m sure the operating hours calendar has been uploaded on other web sites so please be aware that this is not what the final calendar will look like. Don’t be afraid if you see no Main Street Electrical Parade or Wishes scheduled that whole month. I believe it’s clearly an error.
Some highlights from the 2015 party:
- Mickey’s “Boo-to-You” Halloween Parade – including Disney Characters and the stars of the Haunted Mansion attraction. The parade begins with a spook-tacular ride by the Headless Horseman.
- Happy HalloWishes – a spectacular fireworks show where the Disney Villains go trick-or-treating in the sky.
- Many favorite Disney Characters and Disney Villains in special Halloween costumes.
- Special lighting, music and theming effects transforms special areas of Magic Kingdom into happy haunted hollows.
- Hocus Pocus Villain spectacular bringing back the Sanderson sisters to put a spell on the park. This stage show was wildly popular so I’m hoping they will bring it back!
I expect this year to have even more haunting magic! While it is a separate admission into Magic Kingdom, if you travel in fall it’s 100% worth the cost to take advantage of lower crowds and all of the fun things that ONLY happen during the party.
Tips & Tricks for Special Events in Magic Kingdom:
- Depending on your length of stay and number of days with park tickets, you have two options for the morning and early afternoon of your special event.
- For longer trips or those with park hopper tickets: Take the morning off! Sleep in (you’ll rarely hear me say this on a Disney vacation, so take advantage). It’s a great opportunity for a late morning character breakfast at Chef Mickey in Contemporary or the delicious flavors of Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Enjoy your resort’s pool and explore to see some of the hidden things it has to offer. Use Disney’s transportation to navigate to another resort to explore (I choose the deluxe resorts!) or head to Downtown Disney for the morning.
- For shorter trips with only base day tickets, you may want to take the opportunity to “park hop”. Since you do not need your daily ticket and your special event ticket, enjoy a morning in another park
- Regardless of your morning plan, eat a large late lunch before you arrive at Magic Kingdom! While select quick service restaurants are available, you don’t want to use your precious time eating a meal you could have any other time during regular park hours. You may find yourself roaming around the park for something that’s open by the time you are hungry.
- Skip the long character lines and enjoy some of the special live shows and open attractions. You’ll rarely ever see lines that short! If there is a must do character, don’t worry about waiting! Do what is important to your kids (if characters are more important than rides, GO FOR IT! We are a character meet and greet family so seeing them in different attire is fun and it’s the only way to see some villains!)
- Arrive as close to 4 pm as possible. While the park may still be a bit crowded with ticketed day guests, you’ll want to use as much of your ticketed time as possible.
- Rest up earlier in the day (make sure kids have napped appropriately). Bring a stroller for your younger ones to take a little snooze waiting for a parade or a place if they are just too tired.
- Consider Memory Maker. It’s a great little add on to any Disney vacation, but why not grab a few holiday photos for your Christmas card or capture some lasting Halloween memories through the eyes of Disney! Even if you don’t add it on, you can still take advantage of Disney’s PhotoPass photographers throughout the park.
- If you know you want to attend one of the parties, buy your tickets before your arrive. Advanced purchase is a bit cheaper (usually about $5) and some popular dates sell out.
- If you are not attending the party and you have base tickets, avoid these party dates! You won’t get a fireworks show at the end of the night (unless you watch it off the Magic Kingdom grounds). If you have park hopper tickets, it’s a pretty good park to start your day with as many people do avoid Magic Kingdom on party nights!
Ready to get started planning your 2016 Disney World vacation? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!