I get so many questions from guests about where they should watch Magic Kingdom fireworks. There are SO many options both inside and outside the park and I’d encourage you to try more than one option during your stay!
If it’s your first time in Disney World, your first experience should be inside the park and in front of Cinderella’s Castle! It’s the best view and you’ll be able to have the full experience and enjoyment of seeing all of the magic that happens! Best spots are along Main Street USA inside Magic Kingdom. If you have a clear view of the castle and the space above the castle, you’ve got a great spot! Depending on your plan following the fireworks show will depend on where you should watch from. If you’re planning on enjoying more park time following the fireworks, staying near the center hub going toward either Adventureland or Tomorrowland is best. If you want to exit the park following the show, further down Main Street is best (be aware you’ll be waiting for a bus, so feel free to head into the shops while some of the traffic clears).
If you’d like a better spot inside Magic Kingdom, you have two options to choose from to get a preferred location – 1. Book a FastPass for Wishes Fireworks. This allows you to sit in the hub grass in front of Casey’s Coroner restaurant or 2. Wishes Dessert Party held in Tomorrowland Terrance. Option 2 is at an additional fee and does not accept any dining plans. Both provide you one of the best spots in the house and a guaranteed great location for you and your family!
If you’ve “seen it all” and want a different and more unique vantage point for fireworks, check out Fantasyland. I’ve happened upon a really unique location a few different times. The bridge to Be Our Guest restaurant is a really fun location as you are surrounded by fireworks. Warning – it is loud! The fireworks will be behind the restaurant for the BIG booms and some of the more choreographed pieces of the puzzle are on the castle side. You’re truly immersed in the fireworks experience. I would not choose this as a first option, but if you’ve been there and done that with Magic Kingdom fireworks, it’s a unique perspective!
If you’d like to dine while you watch fireworks, you have a few great options:
- California Grill in Contemporary Resort. This restaurant sitting atop the Contemporary resort gives you a great view from your seat. If you aren’t seated at the window, you are welcome to enjoy the viewing balcony on the 15th floor. Music is piped into the restaurant while the lights are dimmed and on the viewing deck so you have a birds eye perspective of how well the fireworks are set to the music! In order to use the viewing deck, you must be a guest of the restaurant. If you have an earlier reservation but would like to return to see the fireworks show, you may do so! Keep your receipt and check back in at the resort desk to be escorted up to the location.
- Ohana in Polynesian Village. This location doesn’t give you as good of a view of the fireworks, but it’s still a different and unique perspective on the experience. Music is piped in so you can enjoy the full experience of the fireworks from one of the best meals on Disney property (and a top favorite in our household). It’s a great way to end a Disney day!
- Narcoossee’s in Grand Floridian Resort. This location is near the end of the boat dock in Grand Floridian resort and provides an upscale and romantic atmosphere but also a fantastic view of the nightly fireworks. Like the other 2 restaurants, the lights are dimmed and the music is piped in for your viewing pleasure. Disney also announced that they are trying out a new experience on Friday evenings as Narcoossee’s will host a dessert party (not included on the dining plan). It’s an additional option if you your kids (or the adults) don’t want a full meal later in the evening!
Don’t want to pay for a meal to enjoy fireworks outside of the park? I’ve got a few other great options!
- Contemporary Resort – 4th floor public viewing deck to all guests visiting the Walt Disney World resort. You do not need to be a guest of their resort!
- Ft. Wilderness Resort beach. This is a lesser known option around Walt Disney World. You can hop a boat from Magic Kingdom to the resort and take some time to explore this unique location and take in the fireworks as well!
- Polynesian Village beach. This is a more popular beach choice. During high crowd times, this option may only be available to guests staying at the resort. It’s a very relaxing location to experience this well loved Disney experience.
- Ticket and Transportation Center. Looking to make a quick exit from Magic Kingdom back to your vehicle? You can make your trip back to the ticket and transportation center prior to the fireworks and watch from the platform. It’s a great direct view of the fireworks. No music here, but it’s still a great show!
Are you ready to start planning your 2016 Disney world adventure filled magical memories? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!) It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!