It’s part 3 of a Friday five SERIES! Today we’re going to talk about 5 things you can do with your toddler in Hollywood Studios. This is a great part for younger children for a few reasons – first it’s the smallest park (pending the expansion of 2 new lands – Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land). It will become a major park destination once everything is up and operational. For now, it’s a very easily manageable area. It also offers places for rest and seated activities as well as some fun active things to wear your toddlers out!
- Disney Junior! The ONLY place you can find Disney Junior fun – dining, meet and greet, and a live show is in Hollywood Studios so if you have a lover of Doc, Jake, Sofia, Handy Manny, and more, this is the place for you! At Hollywood & Vine, your toddlers can dine with their favorite friends and then head over for more fun at a Disney Jr Live show centered around Mickey Mouse Clubhouse with help from their other Disney Jr friends. Very cute show and short enough that it keeps toddlers interest!
- Frozen Sing-Along. I know mom and dad, I’m done with Frozen too – like put it on ice done, but this is a really well loved experience even by me – someone who as seen the movie more time than I’d like. This live show puts kids right in the action of their favorite movie as the historians of Arendelle give you a condensed version of the story of Frozen (with a little humor adults can appreciate). Amidst this storytelling, kids can sing along with their favorite Disney songs at at the end, Anna & Elsa come out with a flurry of snowflakes to sing Let it Go with everyone. My daughter who was just over 2 at the time we tried it, absolutely loved it and SAT STILL! This is a feat for anyone that knows us – she’s a very go, go, go type of girl so sitting in one place and paying attention to something was a huge deal!
- Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set. While kids may not know the movie, this larger than life play area is a great place to climb around and burn off some energy and gives adults a chance to reminisce from movies from their childhood! This location rarely ever has a line and it’s a nice diversion for adults looking for a thrill ride or two during the day. Only a small number of kids are allowed in at one time, so mid-day you may see a short 5 minute wait, but it’s a safety thing. A little hint – take a photo of your child before they head in so you can show it a cast member if you need them to get out to catch a dining reservation or FastPass!
- Characters! This park has a few unique meet and greets – Mike & Sulley from Monsters Inc, Mater & McQueen
from Cars, and Phinneas & Ferb (and a little nod to Buzz & Woody who are available via meet and greet ON Woody’s bed). None of these have a FastPass and most likes are done in less than 10 minutes but all well loved movies in the toddler age range. The Monsters and Cars characters cannot give autographs, but it’s still a fun experience for your kids to say a huge hello to their larger than life friends!
- The Attractions…Toy Story Midway Mania! So it’s not a huge list of attractions here – this is not a park really meant for rides at this point (again this will change as the park expands in the next several years) but Toy Story Mania is an amazing attraction. It’s well done family fun allowing you and your kids to become the size of a Toy and enjoy the games Andy has created for you as you shoot targets to earn points. Be aware that this ride does spin a bit (nothing like Teacups) but the less adventurous toddler may not be thrilled by it but most LOVE it!
Honorable mention in a few categories:
- Character meet and greet – Lots of great hellos available at the end of Hollywood Blvd.
- Attractions – Beauty & The Beast Live on Stage (a Broadway caliber condensed version of the movie)
- Energy busters – Club Disney – dance with your favorite Disney pals (it’s a NEW experience for winter 2015!)
As the mom of a toddler who has enjoyed more than one Disney World vacation with her, I consider myself an expect on traveling with toddlers! Interested in experiencing your own Disney World vacation in 2016? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!