I am SO excited for today’s What’s New Wednesday around Disney destinations because there is a lot to cover with so much new coming around Walt Disney World with openings, changes, and additions. 2016 is going to a really exciting year for Disney!
- Skipper’s Canteen restaurant is officially open in Magic Kingdom! These uniquely themed restaurant offers table service lunch and dinner in Adventureland. The skippers for the World Famous Jungle Cruise offer unique menu items in this small just over 200 seat restaurant. With the current official opening, Disney announced that they are not accepted advanced dining reservations (ADRs). That comes to a big surprise to me as anything new in Disney causes lines and a little bit of chaos. Keep your eyes open for that to change! Right now, they are just accepting walk ups and have the ability to text you updated wait times so you can go do something else with the 80+ minute wait times that were seen in the few days of “soft openings”
- Symphony in the Stars – a Star Wars themed Fireworks extravaganza begins on December 18th! You can live stream the entire experience through Disney Parks Blog. If you are traveling January 5 – March 19, you’ll be able to reserve seating (at an additional cost of course)! Still waiting on official times and details quite yet. If it follows suit for other dessert parties, I’d expect them to shoot off about an hour after the parties start (so perhaps 8 pm. Does that mean park hours will change and get extended. It’s the million dollar question right now!)
- A new restaurant is coming to Animal Kingdom in 2016! Tiffins is a new signature restaurant which is expected to open in spring of 2016 with both Rivers of Light and the extended hours of Kilimanjaro Safaris! More details about menus and pricing to come!
- Exciting changes to Memory Maker…something not often heard of in Disney – a price cut! The new cost of Memory Maker for advanced purchase is $149 (which was the original price when the product became available) and $169 for purchases made on site or less than 3 days from arrival. There is now a 1 day Memory Maker option which is $59 which is great for short trips or those that didn’t purchase the product but come home and see tons of great photos in Magic Kingdom that they want to keep. Another great enhancement by Disney. For those that purchased Memory Maker when it was at the $169 advanced purchase price, you should have received an email from Disney that you will have a $20 credit to use after you return home for any additional items or prints.
- “Brunch at the top” at Disney’s Contemporary resort will debut on February 7th. This Sunday brunch experience will allow guests to have the fine dining experience they love at dinner with brunch including a sushi bar! Adults can partake in a bloody Mary bar, craft beers, and unique cocktails. Cost is $80 for adults and $48 for children. No official word if this will be included on the Disney dining plan (It hasn’t been mentioned in any of the communication I received so I’m guessing not). Reservations available online today!
- The Ganacery – luxury chocolates is now open in Disney Springs! Some tasty and amazing treats (16 different varieties of chocolate) are available for kids of all ages. If you are a chocolate fan, go in and try it near Paradiso 37!
Adventures by Disney
If this unique Disney product interests you, now is the time to experience it! Through a special limited time offer through specific travel agents (including ME!) you can earn up to $250 off your reservation if your deposit is made before January 2, 2016!
Now is also the time to book because deposit and payment policy is changing as of January 1st! Currently deposit is $300 per person and as of January 1, the deposit goes to 10% of the vacation fare (a huge difference in some of the larger vacation destinations!) Final payment is also changing from 90 days to 120 days (again a little more time to pay).
If you’re looking for more information and tips for this luxury travel destination, I started a new blog to help promote this amazing and best rated Disney Destination: Adventure with Me and ABD!! If you know someone that has traveled on this unique experience, they are the best people to talk to about it. It’s truly a memorable family experience and perfect for active families who don’t want or want a break from the theme park experience!