Happy December Disney fans! It’s the most wonderful time of the year so the song goes! There is a LOT of wonderful new things around Disney parks, so let’s get right to it…
Walt Disney World
- Star Wars Launch Bay is up and running. This provides Disney and Star Wars fans with all sorts of new and fun experiences. You can follow the Path of the Jedi to give even the seasoned Star Wars fan walk down Luke Skywalker’s journey to becoming a Jedi.
- There is a line to get into Launch Bay (there is a posted time above the entrance – typically about 15-20 minutes). It doesn’t seem like guests are getting “kicked out” after a certain period of time, so times may vary.
- Launch Bay also offers 2 unique character meet and greets – The Dark Side: Darth Vader and The Light Side: Chewbacca. Both are reported to be a great experience and worth the wait (lines have ranged in the 40-70+ minutes in the first 2 days).
- For Disney Visa Card holders, you have a special meet and greet available to you beginning at 11 am. You must show your Disney card and up to 6 guests may enter under that single card. (if you have a party larger than 6, you must be able to show a 2nd card)
- Yacht & Beach Club is hosting a New Year’s Eve spectacular. This is available for Walt Disney World resort guests ONLY for an exclusive countdown to midnight. There are 3 different experiences and all-you-care-to-eat menu and beverage “reception” to enjoy and booking is available now. Like any “limited time” experience, expect it to go quickly!
- The World of Disney Store in Disney Springs went through an expansion (so the largest store on Disney property just on bigger) adding an additional 6,000 square feet of space! If you can’t find what you need here, you probably won’t find it anywhere!!
- The new Paint the Night Parade will offer dining package beginning January 11. You can book a reservation at Blue Bayou or Aladdin’s Oasis. At Blue Bayou, you will have a 3 course meal and seating area will be on Main Street! At Aladdin’s Oasis, you have a choice of 3 entrees and have the option to take your meal to go or enjoy it in the restaurant’s seating area. The viewing for this location is near It’s a Small World which is where the parade starts. Reservations are not yet open, but should be available soon!
And that’s what’s new around Disney Destinations this week! Stay tuned for the most up to date information!!