With Dawn and me both in the Disneyland resort for the next several days, I’d love to talk about 5 attractions that are similar on both coasts and why the are better in Disneyland. Disneyland is definitely worth the trip to the left coast. It’s a condensed version of the Disney World and a little less stressful and complicated than it’s east coast younger sister! In no particular order:
- its a small world. This attraction is available on both coasts, but the version in Disneyland is longer, more elaborate and far superior. During the holiday season (early November through New Years), it gets turned into its a small world holiday so you don’t have the earworm song over and over and over! It’s a very cute overlay of the original attraction!
- Pirates of the Caribbean. Another attraction that is longer in Disneyland with more elaborate costuming and better lighting with some additional scenes. This attraction was not originally planned to come to Walt Disney World but with the popularity of the experience in Anaheim, the popular vote won out! With the recent refurbishment at Disney World, the lighting is better, but the DL experiences still wins out Fun Fact: On both coasts the big flume in the attraction is used to go under existing/immovable structures. A great little “fix”!
- Autopia/Tomorrowland Speedway. Have the need for speed? This attraction is for you…sort of. While the cars go a whopping 7 miles per hour, the theming of the Disneyland version is far superior. Disney World could use a revamp of their cars to make the attraction more exciting to kids of all ages. While this doesn’t have big “adult” appeal, it’s still a favorite!
- Haunted Mansion. While the version in Disney World is a bit longer, the overlay of Haunted Mansion Holiday where Jack Skellington takes over the attraction making it a bit more whimsical than the more dark and ghoulish than the everyday attraction. It also makes the line astronomically longer. Still a must see as a unique experience as the cast members take a lot of time to put their personal touches and decorate.
- Fantasmic! If you are familiar with the Disney World version, you’ve only seen about 60% of what makes the Disneyland version great! There’s better action and it’s on a more grand scale at DL. While I consider the show a “must do” for guests that have never seen the show while in Hollywood Studios, it’s not a must do for us every time my family is in Disney World. In DL on the other hand, it’s 100% worth the experience!
Interested in experiencing either a Disney World or Disneyland vacation in 2016? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses (Disney World specific). The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!