First, a big thank you to all of those who served our country to veteran’s day! This edition of What’s new Wednesday around Disney destinations. Some of these are updates on experiences that are now open or have more info based on previous announcements!
Walt Disney World
- A Star Wars presence will increase in Hollywood Studios as of December 1st! For full details, check a full post from earlier this week: HERE
- Star Wars weekends were officially cancelled for the immediate future. The marketing gurus of WDW came up with “you can have Star Wars every day with the upcoming expansions”
- Two new dining experiences opened up this week – the expansion of Garden Grill for breakfast and lunch and Minnie’s Holiday Dine at Hollywood & Vine. Both are getting rave guest reviews. At Minnie’s Holiday Dine, guests are greeted by Santa Goofy (a line that is ALWAYS long for meet and greet). A few posed photos will be available to you (if you have Memory Maker, the photos will be part of your download package). At Garden Grill, the breakfast menu looks fantastic. Food is as always fresh tasting and you have your favorite Disney characters – Chip, Dale, and Farmer Mickey!
- Seasons of the Force officially opens on Monday, November 16th! Expect larger than average crowds during this time. I’ll be there LIVE to show some of the new experiences available. When I return home, I’ll be able to give you a big update on the details, but for up to the minute updates follow me on twitter: alittlewdwmagic.
- The holidays are in full swing around Disneyland – Jingle Cruise, Haunted Mansion Holiday, and its a small world holiday are all available. Holiday decor is up as well! The first Christmas parade is on Friday! Dawn and I will both be available over the weekend to provide live updates of the experience! Look for a video blog sometime this weekend (or at least a feeble attempt at one!) Again, follow me on twitter for up to the second updates of changes around Disneyland Park and California Adventure: alittlewdwmagic.
Disney Cruise Line
- With the dry dock complete on the Disney Dream, several new experiences are available to you! Vanellope’s Sweet Shop with absolutely adorable themed sweets from my favorite friend from Wreck It Ralph, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (reservations required), and new interactive areas for kids including Disney Infinity experiences! Of course, you’ll also have the addition of Star Wars experiences in the kids club areas. There is also an additional experience for adults with some renovations on the “adults only” areas! Surprises around every corner. You know when Disney takes 3 months away from a normal cruise itinerary, they are going to throw as much at a renovation as possible!
And that’s what’s new this Wednesday!!