Happy Back to the Future Day! October 21, 2015. This has NOTHING to do with Disney, but a fun fact nonetheless! Thankfully we’re not going back in time but looking forward to what’s new around Disney destinations!
Walt Disney World:
- Officially Jedi Training Academy will be closed through November 30th, reopening with a new theme on December 1st. Sorry November travelers! 😦
- Soarin’ will undergo a long refurbishment beginning January 4. The end date is listed as summer 2016. No official word if this is to add the new theme (Soarin’ around the world) or to add int the additional track they announced last year. It could be both!
- Many Walt Disney World resort pools are undergoing 2-3 day quick refurbishments. Thankfully all Walt Disney World resorts have more than one pool available, so if the pool closest to you is not available, a little hop skip and a jump away, you’ll have an additional option!
- A somewhat major pool renovation – Ol’ Man Isle pool at Port Orleans Riverside will be down for refurbishment for about 2 months in January through February.
- Disney announced the dates for the taping of the Christmas day parade – no it’s not done on Christmas day! November 10-13. If you are traveling during that time, you will notice a very busy Main Street USA as well as the castle stage in front of the park. The rest of the park will be unaffected, so if your plans are in Magic Kingdom, you’ll be fine! (At this point it’s too close to make good changes to dining and FastPass!)
- Tortuga Tavern is offering a new BBQ menu. This location is still a seasonal quick service dining option in Magic Kingdom so be prepared to see it closed!
- Club Disney is coming to Hollywood Studios. This is the Sunset Showcase – an experience for kids and characters with a DJ Club Host with Disney Top 50 hits. A great little “nightlife” area for the kids. Opening day is December 5.
- Spiderman is coming to Disneyland in Super Hero HQ opening November 16. With that change, Captain America is going away the week before (while they make changes to the meet and greet area.
And that’s What’s New this week!