Today is opening day for the International Food & Wine Festival, so today we are going to talk about 5 amazing events that happen each year that are included in your park admission!
1. Food & Wine Festival (Epcot). This is the best of the best in terms of special events. Epcot World Showcase (and part of Future World) get transformed into a bustling marketplace full of amazing smells and tastes! Take your taste buds on a trip around the world with more food and drink than you could ever consume. The biggest trouble you’ll have here is figuring out how much you can eat. This is a GREAT place to use your snack credits if you have a Disney dining plan. This event happens every fall typically late September through early to mid-November.
2. Osborne Festival of Lights (Hollywood Studios) 2015 marks the end of this amazing experience which runs from early November through the holiday season (usually into January). Streets of America gets turned into millions of lights from all directions and the lights are choreographed to amazing holiday music. I could sit on the ground and watch it for hours. There are so many lights that cast members begin to put them up in SEPTEMBER. Seriously, a not to be missed experience and this is the last year it will ever be seen in Walt Disney World so what are you waiting for?
3. Flower & Garden Festival (Epcot). This festival has becoming a mini food & wine festival with the addition of pop up “kitchens” around World Showcase. Originally, the event started as over 100 topiaries of Disney characters old and new lined much of Epcot. It has become a favorite event of ours because crowds are not often high and there are all sorts of fun snacks, drinks,and things to see! There’s even a butterfly garden! It makes Epcot more appealing for those who think it’s not a worthy park to visit. This event typically runs from early March through early Mary.
4. Star Wars Weekends (Hollywood Studios). An event that will likely grow and grow. Star Wars weekends
happen in Hollywood Studios from Mid-May to Mid-June. Special meet and greets with star wars characters,Star Wars themed dining, special fireworks and a themed parade are highlights of this event. It’s truly fun and unique whether you enjoy Star Wars or not! If not, you better start enjoying it with the Star Wars presence only growing (Disney announced a Star Wars land coming to Hollywood Studios in the next few years)
5. Candlelight Processional (Epcot). This event comes with a little asterisk. While this amazing holiday experience is free to the general public, the theater it is held in is small. Disney offers dinner packages to allow you to guarantee a seat to experience the retelling of Christmas by celebrity narrators accompanied with an orchestra and choir. It’s a magical way to enjoy the holiday season. This event happens 3 times nightly (with a few exceptions). Still a very loved experience by my family! This event begins after Thanksgiving and runs through the Christmas season.
Ready to enjoy one of these amazing Disney experiences? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. We can talk about the best park tickets, resorts, and package inclusions for you! The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!