Happy Friday before a long weekend my friends! It’s no secret that my family is big on meeting characters (mostly because of my daughter). Today I’m gong to highlight 5 of my favorite character meet and greet experiences. Hopefully some of them are new to you or a little unique option.
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow. As an adult traveling without kids, I saw this on all sorts of Disney touring plans and thought “what the heck is this?” Well it’s a great Fantasyland (Magic Kingdom) character meet and greet. You have 2 sides to this meet and greet – Goofy & Donald and Daisy & Minnie. We try and get there about 5 minutes before the scheduled opening time as the characters come and invite guests in (my daughter got to hold Donald’s hand all the way in – she was in LOVE! For some reason, these characters are extra amazing and fun. It’s a great little place to do a Rider Switch break for those with little kids and outside of peak travel time, it’s a quick way to meet a character or two or four.
- Disney Visa Card Holder Meet & Greet in Epcot. This one is especially for Disney Visa Card holders and is available in the Innoventions building from 1-7 pm. Every time we have gone it’s been Minnie & Pluto inside but from what I’ve heard from other guests, you may see some additional characters available. Unless you got right as the experience opens, don’t expect more than a 5-10 minute wait. You will need to show your Disney Visa card to obtain entry and you will receive a coupon for a free printed 5×7 photo.
- Meet Mickey at Town Square Theater. This may actually be my favorite experience even though it’s not listed as the top experience on my list. Mickey TALKS here with the perfect Mickey voice everyone knows and loves. He’s got a couple of different “spiels”. For younger kids I’ve seen him ask them to do the Hot Dog Dance, bounce like tigger, or pose like a princess if the girls are in a fancy dress (and he is their prince of course). He can speak a little bit of Spanish and do card tricks. It’s truly a unique experience. We’ve done it countless times and I still can’t figure out how it works!!
- Meet Goofy & Pluto in DinoLand USA. This is one of the few recommendations I will have that’s outside, however the line is rarely long that it would be an exhausting wait. Goofy and Pluto here are FANTASTIC! A little silly, a lot fun and amazing. We love them. It’s also a good diversion for rider switch families who want to enjoy Dinosaur (and it’s not too terribly far from Expedition Everest if you’re willing to take a little walk to get there).
- Meet Woody & Jessie. This is located in Frontierland in Magic Kingdom (near Splash Mountain). Again, a good rider switch opportunity with both Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in the area. Woody & Jessie are known to have a rootin’ tootin’ good time with their friends who want to say hello! At times you may see just Woody here (but Jessie is likely shortly behind). If you’re not sure, ask a cast member! It’s how my daughter truly fell in love with Jessie after hugs and snuggles.
What are your favorite character meet and greets? I obviously left a few big ones off the list – Anna & Elsa, Cinderella and Rapunzel, Ariel in her Fins! We’ve done them all, but the above 5 are the favorites of my family!! You’ll likely find your child’s favorite character somewhere around at least one of Disney’s theme parks!!
Ready to get started planning your 2015 or 2016 Disney World vacation? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!