It’s Friday, time for another edition of Friday 5. Today we’re looking forward to 2016 as we’re just a few more sleeps away from 2016 package rages being release (June 22nd).
1. The completion of the transition from Downtown Disney to Disney Springs. This has been a LONG time coming. I can remember walls going up several years ago. Each trip, things look a little bit better, and the completion of Disney Springs is scheduled for 2016. Hopefully all of the horrid construction on Buena Vista Drive will also be complete for those that are driving and for those trying to get there around dinner time with long, long bus waits due to traffic jams!
2. The opening of the new Frozen ride. Disney announced at the closing of Maelstrom in October that the location would be reimagined to a Frozen themed right in the Norway pavilion of Epcot. Whether you are excited or annoyed by the change, I’m excited to give some more kid appeal to Epcot World Showcase. The scheduled opening is May 1, 2016. I’d expect lines to be absolutely insane for the foreseeable future. Get your FastPasses early and often!
3. The completion of Polynesian Village. Another long project that was a big mess for a long time! The Polynesian Village & Villas will be complete in early 2016 (no official date). I’m so excited to see the completion of the resort and check out the DVC rooms for ourselves!
4. Hollywood Studios transition. Lots of things seem to be in transition at Disney including Hollywood Studios. The addition of another Toy Story Track (big WOOHOO from this girl!) Lots of empty buildings as well. It’s in need of a facelift. In conversations earlier this year, a Disney exec said a name change is also on the way. I have no idea of speculation what it will be! My husband and I have been trying to think of interesting options and I have nothing!
5. More changes for 2017 and beyond! Who knows what other projects will be upcoming! Disney is always innovating with unique options to keep people like me excited and returning year after year. They never disappoint either! 2014 brought the addition of the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. 2015 had a handful of transitions started and Starbucks locations opening in all 4 theme parks now (Animal Kingdom JUST opened!!)
Ready to get started planning your 2016 Disney World vacation? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free vacation opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!