Celebrate the magic of the holiday season with your family at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a special event held select nights in November and December at Magic Kingdom! Another fresh off the presses details released by Disney yesterday. Dates for the 2015 Very Merry Christmas Party:
- November 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 29
- December 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 17, 18
This festive celebration is filled with spectacular fireworks, a very special holiday parade and live entertainment featuring your favorite Disney Characters. Purchase of an additional event admission ticket is required to attend this event. Tickets will go on sale in April. No specific date has been announced yet.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party highlights from 2014:
- The enchanted Castle Dream Lights on Cinderella Castle thanks to Anna & Elsa!
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, complete with a special appearance by Santa Claus himself
- An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza – Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- Live entertainment featuring Disney Characters
- Meet & greet opportunities throughout Magic Kingdom with some of your favorite Disney Characters
- Opportunity to meet Santa Claus
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa
- A magical snow fall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Special access to many of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions
Tips & Tricks for Special Events in Magic Kingdom:
- Depending on your length of stay and number of days with park tickets, you have two options for the morning and early afternoon of your special event.
- For longer trips or those with park hopper tickets: Take the morning off! Sleep in (you’ll rarely hear me say this on a Disney vacation, so take advantage). It’s a great opportunity for a late morning character breakfast at Chef Mickey in Contemporary or the delicious flavors of Boma in Animal Kingdom Lodge. Enjoy your resort’s pool and explore to see some of the hidden things it has to offer. Use Disney’s transportation to navigate to another resort to explore (I choose the deluxe resorts!) or head to Downtown Disney for the morning.
- For shorter trips with only base day tickets, you may want to take the opportunity to “park hop”. Since you do not need your daily ticket and your special event ticket, enjoy a morning in another park
- Regardless of your morning plan, eat a large late lunch before you arrive at Magic Kingdom! While quick service restaurants are available, you don’t want to use your precious time eating a meal you could have any other time during regular park hours.
- Skip the long character lines and enjoy some of the special live shows and open attractions. You’ll rarely ever see lines that short! If there is a must do character, don’t worry about waiting! Do what is important to your kids (if characters are more important than rides, go for it)
- Don’t forget the cookies and hot cocoa!! Take a break in Crystal Palace. Lots of space, it gives you a chance to see the location and it’s nice a warm location for those chilly December nights!
- Say hi to Santa early in the night before the line gets unmanageable.
- Arrive as close to 4 pm as possible. While the park may still be a bit crowded with ticketed day guests, you’ll want to use as much of your ticketed time as possible.
- Rest up earlier in the day (make sure kids have napped appropriately). Bring a stroller for your younger ones to take a little snooze waiting for a parade or a place if they are just too tired.
- Consider Memory Maker. It’s a great little add on to any Disney vacation, but why not grab a few holiday photos for your Christmas card or capture some lasting Halloween memories through the eyes of Disney! Even if you don’t add it on, you can still take advantage of Disney’s PhotoPass photographers throughout the park.
- If you know you want to attend one of the parties, buy your tickets before your arrive. Advanced purchase is a bit cheaper (usually about $5) and some popular dates sell out.
- If you are not attending the party and you have base tickets, avoid these party dates! You won’t get a fireworks show at the end of the night (unless you watch it off the Magic Kingdom grounds). If you have park hopper tickets, it’s a pretty good park to start your day with as many people do avoid Magic Kingdom on party nights!
Ready to get started planning your 2015 Disney World vacation? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free cruise opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!