Disney announced this week that guests will be able to bypass the front desk by completing a few very important steps. Here’s the release of information
In the coming weeks, eligible Walt Disney World® Resort hotel Guests will have the option to go direct to their hotel room once it’s ready, without stopping at the Front Desk.
This optional new service streamlines your Clients’ check-in process and allows them to have more control over their arrival experience.
In order to be eligible for this option, your Clients must complete the following steps:
- After customizing the MagicBands for their current stay, they must choose to have them shipped to their home
- Then, they must complete the following Online Check-In Process steps:
- Pay for their reservation in full, or put a credit card and PIN on file.
- Choose a preferred method of communication (i.e. text or email)
Once guests have received their MagicBands at home, they will receive an email explaining the direct-to-room arrival service, including eligibility and next steps.
If guests have completed all the necessary steps, they will receive an email and/or text prior to their arrival notifying them of their room number and reminding them of the option of going directly to their room.
Upon arrival, guests will be greeted by a Cast Member who will give them the option to go experience a traditional check-in, or go directly to their room once it is ready.
The roll out schedule…
Currently Available at:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
- Art of Animation
- Contemporary Resort & Bay Lake Tower
- Polynesian Village, Villas, and Bugalows
- Pop Century
- Port Orleans Riverside
- Port Orleans French Quarter
February 25, 2015
- Boardwalk Inn & Villas
- Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (and Villas)
- Wilderness Lodge & Villas
- Yacht and Beach Club Resorts (and Beach Club Villas)
March 10, 2015
- All Star Sports, Music, and Movies
- Caribbean Beach
- Coronado Springs
- Old Key West
- Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
To me, this sounds like you can head RIGHT to a theme park in the morning if you’re driving. I’m anticipating reviews of the project and interested to see client emails that come through since my next trip isn’t until late April!
This process is very convenient and seems like it will roll guests through check in much faster. For first time guests and those that are less familiar with the resort they are arriving at, it may be worth completing online check in and going through the process of talking to one of Disney’s wonderful cast members!
What do you think about this new process? Excited? Nervous? Interested? I’m all of the above!!