Bibbidi Bobbidi what? Disney World has 2 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations: one in Downtown Disney and the most coveted reservation inside Cinderella’s Castle in Magic Kingdom. As all in park attractions and distractions, valid theme park admission is required.
So what is it? One word for it is AMAZING! Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (BBB) is a makeover for princes and princesses ages 3-12. There are varying packages and prices based on your budget, but the experience is excellent nonetheless. Your princess will be paired up with a fairy godmother to make her dreams come true!
Some tips and tricks to get you in the door, choosing the best reservation and preparing before arrival:
Making your reservation:
- Booking begins 180 days prior to your arrival. If you are an advanced planner and have your Disney World resort reservation or package reservation made by that point, you have some advanced opportunity to book more than 180 days out. This gives you a chance at a reservation before the park opens. It’s an amazing experience to see Cinderella’s Castle and take some photos.
- Booking your boutique reservation must be done via phone using the specific boutique phone number. These cast members can also help you book dining if you’d like some personalized help planning your vacation (or use a travel agent to take care of everything for you).
- Phone lines open up at 7 am EST, so chances at the first reservation go early. Set an alarm!
- If you’re not sure what package you want, you can tell the cast member helping you it’s a bit TBD and make your final decision upon arrival. It’s still best to do your own independent research beforehand so you know what you’re getting into.
- If you call too late and no boutique reservations are available, check Pirates League – there’s a Mermaid package available for girls. While it isn’t the princess makeover you may be hoping for, it’s still a fun experience!
- You can make a Pirates League reservation for your swashbucklers at the same time. Just make sure you have enough adults to split between the two.
- Make sure to mention any celebrations – birthdays are a BIG DEAL at the boutique!!
Planning your day:
- Think about a princess lunch or dinner reservation on the same day you have your makeover. If you have base tickets and want to your meal to be in Epcot, you’ll have to use the Downtown Disney location for your makeover.
- The three great princess meals are: Cinderella’s Royal Table (Magic Kingdom), Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (Epcot), and 1900 Park Fare Happily Ever After Dinner (Grand Floridian). 1900 Park Fare does not require park admission to dine so it’s a really great opportunity.
- If you don’t want to add on a costly character dining experience, add some princess FastPass+ options. Magic Kingdom is the only park that has the service with the option of Anna & Elsa or Cinderella & Rapunzel. You will find several princesses in Epcot (just no FastPass+ option)
- If you still want the experience but want to save money, bring your own costume! No one is stopping you. Your princess will still enjoy her time. Costumes are also based on availability so if it’s Anna or die, you better find one online and bring it with!!
- With many memories to follow your experience, I highly recommend Memory Maker (What is Memory Maker?) It will capture all of your princesses memories for her boutique experience as well as any princesses she meets afterwards and throughout your entire trip.
Preparing for your arrival:
Disney has several policies all princesses must adhere to for their reservation:
- Each princess must bring their own comb or brush to the appointment
- Hair and nails must be clean
- A parent must be with the child during the entire makeover process
- Arrival 10-15 minutes prior to the appointment is ideal to choose a package (if applicable), pay for the package, and get set up.
The experience is unlike any other! I wish it was around when I was younger to transform into a princess. I guess Disney will just be getting more of my money as my daughter gets older! (As if there was any question!!)
Ready to get started planning your 2015 Disney World vacation? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free cruise opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!