It’s no secret that Disney World is expensive and if you don’t choose Disney’s dining plan, you may get sticker shock at the cost of food. While you can survive on quick service meals, snacks, and purchasing food from a nearby grocery store, I always suggest at least one table service meal to enjoy the full magic of Disney World!
If you’re looking to save money, here are the top X Table service restaurants when paying out of pocket. This takes into account portion size, the ability to share a meal, and overall cost.
- 50s Prime Time Café. Located in Hollywood Studios, it boasts some of the largest portion sizes in all of Disney World and is one of my top two choices for meal sharing. At least two entrees on their menu can be shared between 2 adults with no problem!
- Via Napoli. In my husband’s top 5 Disney restaurants overall (and probably up there in mine as well), Via Napoli can be found in the Italy Pavilion in World Showcase. An individual pizza can be shared between two adults, however that’s not allowed on Disney’s dining plan. Their pasta dishes are also large enough to share if you augment it with an appetizer or dessert, but they’re so yummy you may not want to! This is my other top choice for shareable meals at Disney restaurants. Lunch and dinner menus here are the same, so go anytime although my favorite time is around 3:30 (last lunch seating and it’s a perfect way to start our evening at Epcot).
- Rainforest Café. Located in both Animal Kingdom and Downtown Disney, this location has decently priced entrees and a fun atmosphere for kids and kids at heart!
- Beaches & Cream. A lesser known option in Beach Club resort (between Epcot and Hollywood Studios). It’s a nice little break from the theme parks. This small diner only seats about 30 people, but the food is good, better than average burgers. Stay for some ice cream or make ice cream your main meal.
- Liberty Tree Tavern. This is only for lunch as their menus are drastically different. This is one of the lowest price table service meals in Magic Kingdom and the food is good. Many families have Liberty Tree Tavern as a must do for every vacation. Save room for the Ooey Gooey Toffee Café for dessert. It’s amazing!
- Boma. This amazing buffet meal is better than your standard buffet food. You can find this bustling restaurant in Animal Kingdom Lodge. It’s definitely a bit of a hike for anyone not staying in that vicinity, but it’s a great and filling option on a day off from the parks or on a day you are at Animal Kingdom. Reservations are rarely hard to come by and both breakfast and dinner provide some interesting and different food from the standard buffet style meals. It’s a must try at least once! We can’t wait to go back from breakfast and dinner next time!
- Tusker House. Another great option in Animal Kingdom. Breakfast and lunch are character meals, but not as expensive as many others on property. Lunch and dinner food is very similar, so you’ll get the most value out of lunch!
- San Angel Inn. A beautiful table service restaurant in the Mexico Pavilion on Epcot. A family of 4 can share an appetizer or two and then 1-2 entrees at lunch. Lunch and dinner menus are different, so be aware of your options!
- Trails End. A little bit off the beaten path at Fort Wilderness, it’s easily the cheapest buffet meal on Disney property. Breakfast is a delicious option and it’s usually not that busy! You’ll likely be able to get in without a reservation.
- Kona Café. Breakfast and lunch menus are fairly inexpensive. As 2 adults, we can get breakfast for around $30 and be full until late lunch or early dinnertime. Dinner becomes a bit more pricy, so check the menus before you book.
A few other things to think about:
- Don’t be afraid to share a few appetizers or share an entrée. At some locations it’s encouraged!
- Check the menus. Some restaurants have different lunch and dinner menus, but that often means a price break at lunch as well. As long as your preferred meal is there, book a late lunch and be full the rest of the night!
- Do character meals for breakfast. While this can cut into some of your park time, you’ll save more money (many of them run until 11 am, so it’s more like brunch!)
Interested in a restaurant not on this list? Book it! Enjoy yourself and eat what you really want! When you get to the restaurant of your choice and you’re not very hungry, you can just order an appetizer or dessert and head out.
Ready to get started planning your 2015 Disney World vacation? Please contact me at any time for a free quote. The benefits to using an authorized Disney vacation planner include saving time before and during your vacation with itinerary planning which can help save you hours of standing in line each day. Plus you won’t have to watch for available discounts, research resorts, wake up early for dining reservations, or stay up late for FastPasses. The best part about using a travel planner instead of planning yourself? It’s totally FREE! Plus I’ll take away some of the stress and confusion of planning a Disney vacation (especially if it’s your first one!)It’s also a worry free cruise opportunity. I’ll walk through through all of the steps to the process with a few little insider tips along the way! If you already have your vacation planned and are interested in transferring your vacation, ask me how!